Control4 Smart Home set the bar for smart home technology with its new Smart Home OS 3 update. This update, their biggest one to date, allows for over 1000 new features for lighting, music, video, security, and more. Control4 Smart Home OS 3 simplifies the use of connected smart home devices. As a result, they can be controlled from a single platform and personalize the user experience.
In a press release, Control4 Senior Vice President of Products and Services Charlie Kindel stated, “The Control4 Smart Home OS is designed to remove complexity. Every home is a mix of products from a variety of companies, a Smart Home OS embraces this reality, providing broad choice rather than creating a collection of tiny walled gardens that limit homeowners.”
The upgraded system serves “as smart home infrastructure.” Above all, it meets the needs of modern families through integrative and intuitive technology.
Control4 Smart Home OS 3 Feature Highlights:
- Favorites–Favorites gives homeowners the ability to find the devices they want quickly with one-touch control. “Favorite” a device, service, scene, or playlist by pressing and holding and arranging the icons in any order you choose.
- Personalization-Personalize your system as you see fit. Create and edit smart home scenes, automate your devices on a set schedule, and control how your devices interact with each other.
- Active Media-Multi-room music and video features are easier to use than ever before. Track streaming details, control the volume, and easily add and remove rooms with this new feature.
- MQA (Master Quality Audio)– Control4 is the first home automation company to partner with MQA. Stream high-resolution audio through TIDAL or your own music collection with this new entertainment addition.
- Advanced Security System Management-Smart Homes OS 3 now offers unified lock management. Therefore, all users can manage their accounts with their usernames and pin numbers so there’s no need to create and edit user information for each individual lock.
- Coordinated Shade Control–Operate your window coverings with innovative blind and shade options. Easily see which shades are open so you can close them with the touch of a button.
The OS3 technology is available for use today through Control4 Authorized Dealers. It will be shown in Control4 Certified Showrooms on #C4Yourself day on June 13 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. More information on Control4 Smart Home OS 3 can be found here. Contact your professional installers at Smart Offices Smart Homes to ask about updating your system.